| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, keithfielder, 68ironhead, 1955 1 Series, Phak1, 55shaker, 3B, Peggy M),
112
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,557 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | Brought this up before. I ordered four 215/85R16 for my 49. The first dealer would not install them as the 4" rims were too narrow. Went to a second dealer who said the same thing plus the fact there is no safety bead on the rims. I have seen many trucks with this set up although IMO they look like fat donuts.
Consequently I bought four Coker/Firestone 650-16 bias ply and love them dearly. Seems the compound is different than the old bias-ply tires and I get no flat spotting. They ride very smoothly but can get caught in grooves on the road although I cannot think of it happening too many times after 6 years of use. The idea of having radials is still in my mind but will see. | | |
| |
| |