| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (BC59, 2-Ton, Forty9),
104
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,685 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I have found that some of the rubber gaskets are a lot thicker than the old cork type. Maybe the old cork type just flatten out over time?? Point is that with the thick rubber gasket the vent wants to stay "up" a little and not seal off real good because the handle doesn't catch in the right spot as the vent won't come down. Sometimes I have had to put a lot stronger spring on it to "make" it stay pulled down. I think next time, on my 52, I'm going with an original type! All this is just my thought and opinon as well as my experience with it. | | |
| |
| |