Lugnutz, thanks again. I've been getting some great advice on these forums. I'm pulling the bed off tonight because I'm not using it. I'm taking the hood and front clip off too. They're barely bolted on anyways and the hood and right fender could use some hammering. It will give me more room in my garage haha It's a tight squeeze in there. Then like I said brakes and bearings. Then yeah, like you said drivetrain.

I got the truck from a buddy. He had a 65 that was his grandpa's that he was building. He realized it was a rust bucket death trap so he bought this 63 and was going to swap everything over. He got as far as the engine and tranny and moved away for work. The engine still has the chains bolted to it. He and his dad rebuilt it and ran it a few times before he swapped it. They say it ran like a beast. It's been sitting for two years so hopefully it's still in good shape.

The truck was at his folks place and he needed it out of there. I got it for $700 and a couple tattoos I did on him. I went over there to his pop's house and he gave me everything. Told me I had to take it all! It had two extra sets of wheels, two gas tanks, two drive lines, two radiators, a generator and an alternator, two brake boosters, an extra windshield, and a couple crates of miscellaneous. It filled the bed of the 63 and the truck I drove over.

I've got $500 stashed to get me started. I'm thinking a wiring harness is going to be my biggest expense. I might grab one while I've got the money. I can easily throw a hundred or two at it now and then. Like you said, brakes are fairly cheap thing to get started on.