Hey guys,
Well I'm finally getting around to starting the body work on my '55 3200 and I'm debating how to do it. I found a decent cab to replace the extremely rusty one I had before, but even the new cab will need a couple of repairs and patch panels in a few spots. My initial thought is to have the cab blasted, do the metal repairs, add filler/replace filler, and then prime it. However I'm not looking to make a show-winner truck, just one that looks good (planning on painting it Blitz Black) and I can get on the road to enjoy driving around. Is it worth blasting all of the paint and rust off, or should I just leave it alone, clean the spots that need repair, and go from there? I'm also trying to do as much of the work I can to learn from experience, as well as trying to keep costs down while doing things right (still recovering from college with student loans). I'm new to the body work area and would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks!