I also like manual transmissions. I prefer them.

I have a lot of info about the Borg Warner T5 on my website. I'm not sure how available they are in Scotland.
If I disagree with Hotrod Lincoln, he may never speak to or help me ever again. LOL! Just kidding.

A 1993 or earlier S10 T5 will have a Muncie bolt pattern and should bolt right up to your bell. That's the easy part. You can swap the 14 spline input shaft for a 10 spline input shaft and keep your factory clutch.
Now things can get a little tricky. It really depends on what you want for your final result.
If you want to keep your factory cable style speedometer - you will have 3 options. 1. Use a Camaro tail housing (they all have a cable style connection). 2. Buy a VSS converter for around $300. 3. Find the extremely rare 1988 and earlier S10 T5 tail housing with a cable speedo connection.

If you have more modern gauges with a VSS input, then things are easier to solve. Or just run a GPS driven speedometer for the simplest solution of all.

I have no experience with the NV3500 or NV4500 transmissions. My understanding is they have a fairly low first gear but so does the S10 T5.
Other options are the 1992 and earlier Camaro or Firebird T5. Tremec makes some nice transmissions but they are pricey.

Here are a few links from my website to read on a rainy day.

Complete T5 installation - In my truck

Thinking about Installing a T5?

Input shaft swap for the T5.

My Main Index Page of T5 info.

Last edited by Lugnutz; 06/28/2017 12:50 PM.