I'm currently running a TH350C behind my '79 small block in my '50 and frankly it's boring me to death,i've always had 3 pedals and a stick in all my rides.
I'm also looking to giving my truck longer legs on the freeway without having to change the final drive ratio which is currently a 3.27 Posi Gen-3 Firebird rear end.
A couple of extra MPGs wouldn't go amiss either.

Due to being in the UK I can't just simply pop round to my local Pick 'n' pull and yank a manual trans from a junker.

So my question is: Is there a 5 speed manual trans,clutch,flywheel etc that will simply unbolt from a car/truck that will then bolt directly to my engine without having to resort to changing the bellhousing,release bearing etc or any other components,and if so,what vehicle(s) should I be looking for?
I understand the location of the gearstick might play a part but i'd even go to bucket seats if required.

TIA.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 06/27/2017 3:16 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.