I'm pretty sure a few million of those nuts have been "torqued" with the hammer and punch method over the past decades. Take the slack out with the inner nut, add a little preload, then use the outer one as a lock, with a tabbed lock washer in between the two. Once I get a nut off, I put pieces of key stock in the slots of the nut and use a radiator hose clamp to secure them, then I use a piece of pipe or a worn out socket as a center piece. Weld or braze the square stock to the center. If a square drive socket is used, it's easy to use a torque wrench for accurate tightening. More likely, it will get the procedure an oldtimer taught me 60 years ago- - - - - -"Give 'er a good grunt!"
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!