| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (klhansen, Bill Hanlon, 53&Me, Gdads51, Ridgeback, Ole49GMC, 1 invisible),
120
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,437 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 | I added a PCV setup to my 49 216 primarily to combat the cold weather condensation build up it would get. Changed out the 160 thermostat to a 180 thinking more engine heat would help too. Neither did. Altho I believe the PCV mod is an improvement over the draft tube so I kept it, I dropped back down to the 160.
In warm weather the 216 will blow out upto a cup of clear water out the tail pipe while it warms up but no condensation in the valve cover. In cold weather I get the same plus a milky residue in the valve cover right at the oil fill and on the dip stick.
I attribute it to the massive blowby the engine has. I runs great and I drive it year round so I don't sweat it. I just make sure I take it out and run it for at least an hr once a week and it does us both good to do so.
I added an overflow reservoir for the coolant and so far I haven't had top add any antifreeze so I'm certain it's condensation and not any coolant leaking. | | |
| |
| |