Boxes of various parts to repair the known issues and refresh rubber bits have been arriving over the past few days. It's looking very good so far, with everything appearing to be original aside from the wheels and basic consumable stuff of course. After peeking at the blue build data tag on the driver side kick panel, it even looks like the paint is the original dark blue color. I'm guessing a clear coat was added at some point, but the tag data matches what I see so far. (even has assembly inspection numbers on it still)
The engine is indeed the 230, but I need to get a look the digits on it to verify it is original. So far there is no reason to doubt it though. It is running nicely and handling great after some fresh tires.
Well, I'm off to dig up some "how to" info on here. See you guys around.
[quote=1953 panel]Welcome Niemand (Niemand is the Dutch word for nobody) Leo[/quote]
Yep; German as well. I use it as my handle on several sites I lurk on as a meager attempt at anonymity. I was born in Germany then raised pretty much everywhere other than the states until the end of high school, when my dad retired from the military. (talk about culture shock...hehe.)
Last edited by Niemand; 06/16/2017 4:32 AM.