Well, to add the period to the sentence, "All's Good". Completed the gear change in about 3 hours today. Primarily due to having an very seasoned Walker transmission jack from long ago. A HO52 is a heavy sucker.

Me being the cheap S_B I am, I reused the original differential and axle gaskets. Happy that after a 40 mile shakedown drive no leaks.

The longer legs are nice with the only down side being I've changed the drive and driven gears to correct the speedometer for the T5. The odometer was spot on, however the speedometer ran about 5 mph fast. Now the speedometer is about 5mph slow. Not sure about the odometer yet. I suspect the magnetic side of the 66 year old speedometer is going to remain "as is" and I'll do mental adjustments as required.

At this point, it's all thumbs Up with the 4.10s.


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5