Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Jock, are you referring to the bolts that attach the manifolds to the cylinder heads? If so, there's nothing particularly unique about them- - - - -they're simply Grade 5 3/8-16 bolts. (3/8 U.N.C.) If you can find bolts that will allow 1/2" or slightly more thread engagement in the exhaust port threads they will work just fine. Slightly over-length bolts can have the threads trimmed to fit without any disasters, also.
Jerry

Yes Jerry that's the ones. I'd looked at ARPs site and their bolt kits were all equal length,but the centre port bolts obviously have to be longer to compensate for the thicker casting.

Asking hardware stockists here for Imperial stuff nowadays just causes brain farts. grin
Remember...we've been Metric here for over 40 years.

I was a little unsure how much thread engagement was permissible,so your reckon 1/2" minimum will be sufficient?
Now i've got a better understanding I can get the correct bolts online.
I wish we had McMaster Carr here.

Thank you once again for your valued input.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.