So I'm reviving this thread, but only because it was mine to begin with and this is an update. After quite some time looking into the carb I have, it has been determined to be a Carter 574s with the wrong accelerator pump put in it. Sounds like a no brainer to the earlier posts as the cause of the fast acceleration issue. I just got my new kit in the mail and installed the new pump piston today. Here's a video of it running with the new parts:

https://goo.gl/photos/JJAhE7Aak8ZjCTE2A

As you can see/hear, it idles nice and slow acceleration is no problem, but try and give it gas a little quicker and it would stall out.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? Thanks!

Last edited by Goach2; 04/06/2017 11:11 PM.

1948 Chevy Thriftmaster 3/4-Ton
Poncho "farming" in Ontario
Starting in the DITY
Continuing in the Project Journals
More images

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.