With the truck up on sturdy jack stands and clutch pedal pushed in and with me laying directly beneath the flywheel I feel that the issue is the new 1 7/8 " throwout bearing...maybe not enough grease in it.
I have a couple of questions............
#1...is it possible that the rubbing noise will dissipate over time and would it do damage to the pressure plate ????
#2....if i buy another throwout bearing where is the best place to get an American made bearing ??? NAPA ????
This bearing came from "CHEVY`S OF THE 40`S" out of Vancouver WA.
I think you always get good advice from Pre 68 Dave but since you say your original was toast a new one may be in order. I had a similar experience as you. Replaced the bearing with a USA made one from NAPA. I think it was about $72. Problem resolved so far. Its nice to have someone roll down their window at a stoplight to comment on your truck and not be greeted by a horrible screeching noise.