Jorb....I had intended to replace the clutch disk but it looked fairly new, plenty of meat left so I used the old disk and pressure plate.
I had previously ordered a pilot bearing so I did use the new one and in retrospect I should have left well enough alone.
From the block number #3836233 at the distributor area Someone identified it as a 1955 car engine....a 235.
I pulled the tranny to rebuild it as the syncro`s were bad and the gears were chipped badly.
I also replaced the ring gear at that time and had the flywheel turned down.
I will try to cofirm the engine is a 235 from 1955....
The old throwout bearing is 1 7/8" and the new one is the same. This noise could have been there oringinally as the tranny made so much noise that I probably would not have heard it. The tranny is a lot quieter now so I hear this strange brushing or rubbing noise.
If anyone has info on this block number,please let me know...thanks


1953 chevy 1/2 ton with 3 speed 318 on floor and 1955 235 engine