John
I have had fresh Maine lobster in Kennebunkport and you are right.
When I got back home, I had a chance to get lobster at a good St' Louis restaurant.
There was no comparison and have not eaten it since.
Oysters I have only had once, skiing in Colorado, and the only crab I have had, has been here in Missouri.
Wanting to try out, what the local fresh fare is.
As for bringing some home at that distance, it would have to be frozen.
It would be like the stuff we can get in our local freezer dept grocery store.

Fresh deep fried Crappie and Blue Catfish are the favorites around here.
We do a lot of deep frying at get together's.
Maybe I should rethink, what I'll bring to the main meal Saturday.
Hardshell is smoking, how about deep fry the rest of it, eat as it comes out of the pot.
Fries/tators, hush puppies, thin sliced pork, wings, and the list can go on and on.
Of course this will have to be done outside.

Let me think about this a little more.
I have all the deep frying gear, including a 15x24 stainless fryer that sets good on two of the burners on a three burner propane gas stand.
The third burner can be used for another cast iron fry pot if need be. A roaster oven to keep it warm as it come out of the pot.
All in peanut oil.

We call it a fry fest and no, it's not healthy for you.
Hardshell, hope you read this. Still want you to smoke and I will bring a pork butt for you also.
Input from the group, will help me decide soon.

Don




1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!