Carl, thanks for the help. I agree on the input shaft only spinning in the pilot bushing when the clutch pedal is depressed. The pilot bushing looks fine and when checked with a spare input shaft felt nice and tight and smooth.

On the pilot bearing, since the input shaft rotates when the clutch pedal is not depressed, it seems to me it would only make noise if bad when the clutch pedal was out, not in.

Am I misreading your comments? If so I apologize and it sure wouldn't be the first time I've done similar.

Ron

added in edit; Just to refresh my clutch understanding I watched this video:



It does a good job of explaining how a clutch and pressure plate work, unfortunately I'm still at a loss on explaining and fixing my noise.

Last edited by moparguy; 03/05/2017 5:03 PM.

RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5