Hello all,

I am going to be installing my stock gas tank in my 53 3100. I am leaving it in the cab, behind the seat. I bought a Gas Tank Mounting Pad set, some years back. I believe it came from Chev's of the 40's. I have been looking at the Assembly Manual. It shows where the anti squeak pads go. I have rubber cemented them to my tank, per the Assembly Manual. There are 3 rubber bumpers that I installed in the 3 holes for them, in the back cab supports. The question is, the kit has a two piece drain hole seal. There is one that fits in the other one. According to the Assembly Manual, that is supposed to be rubber cemented on the bottom of the tank. The Assembly Manual also shows a rubber grommet, that fits in the hole in the floor, for the tank drain pipe. Has anybody recently installed a tank, with this system? Which piece gets rubber cemented to the bottom of the tank? The outer doughnut? Or the inner portion, that has a hole the diameter of the drain pipe? If they were both supposed to be cemented to the bottom of the tank, why would it be in two pieces?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rugo


Steve Rugg
53 3100