| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Otto Skorzeny, Woogeroo, Shade Baby, 68ironhead, Jon G, Wally / Montana, 3B, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost),
165
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,197 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#12058 06/22/2004 4:13 AM | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Jimmyjeep, most decisions are based on cost, parts available and ease of installation. I used the stangII on my 37 pickup because I could get the entire front end out of a 78 stand including the rack and pinion and brake booster etc to use for a core when getting a new one.All this for $75 bucks and an couple hours of my time to take it out. Another reason is a fellow at work had fabricated the cross members and spring towers etc for many years and many folks. SO, we plated the side of the original 37 chassis and he fabricated the cross member,spring towers and had it were I could attach the rack and pinion etc. I in turn traded him an old heating system I had taken out of a service station. You can now buy the stangII kits for around 1500 but by the time you buy ALL the stuff you will have far more in it. I only had to buy the chev bolt pattern rotors and they fit the stang spindle and I used the stang calipers. On the other hand a clip from a Nova, Camaro may say you some headaches and a fellow here on the bolt left a message some folks are using some 70's Oldsmobile stuff( in response to my question on what would work good on my 40 sedan. If I had it to do over again I would most likely go the same route. Think about it and I'm sure other bolters will give you some advice. Be patient and make the right choice for YOU. | | |
| |
| |