Hey Fred

I know mild steel is a BAD idea for brake parts. I did notice he was trying to find someone who could make the brackets from hardened steel. What material would you suggest, and if a guy had a pattern for the bracket, backing plate and any required spacers, would any decent machine shop be able to fab them for a reasonable price? Or is this something reserved for a more high tech operation? Not being snarky, I really don't know that much about the metalurgy and metalwork involved.

Thanks


Current fleet (subject to change w/o notice)
\'49 GMC 3/4-Ton , 60 Austin Healey Frog-eye Sprite (some assembly required), 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2015 Jeep Cherokee. No, they don't all run.
My other ride is a (B737)no, (B767)no, A320.... Update... was Embraer E190, now Boeing B787.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but ignorance means you don't know you can't do something.