| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,633 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 13 | Bolters;
I'm in the process of rebuilding a 302 to install in my '53 GMC pickup. I think I'd like to set it up for an air conditioning unit as well. Does anyone who has done this before have any recommendations/lessons learned they might share with me?
My specific question right now concerns the best way to mount the compressor and alternator. Should I get a two-groove harmonic balancer, or just stay with the single groove and run the alternator off the compressor pulley? Does anyone make brackets, or will I need to fabricate my own?
Thanks; Joe Midland, TX | | |
| |
| |