| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,641 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#11910 06/20/2004 4:24 AM | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 | I've been seeing a few rods at shows with Oldmobile subframes and they are late 70's or early 80's. They look nice under the fenders with plenty of fender clearance.
I sold my 1940 Special Deluxe 2-dr Sedan to my neighbor with the stipulation that I would weld in the front and rear suspension as well as help with the chop. I always wanted to chop it so this is something I don't mind doing.
He went with the Fatman Fabrication air ride front suspension with tubular A-arms and the bigger disc brakes. I think the crossmember took me less than an hour to weld in. The rearend was about the same welding time. In the back he chose the 4-link with air ride.
Joe
Joe
| | |
| |
| |