I had done some research on this issue before and here is what I found - in the factory assembly manual it shows on sheet 5 of section 11 that the rear reinforcement pad is GM # 3664766. Its glued to the rear reinforcement using an adhesive cement. The pad 3664766 as shown in the master parts book X-16400 dated September 1963 shows the pad to be a sponge rubber pad, 1 1/4" wide x 10" long and 7/32 thick, and it requires two of them. Funny thing is that this same part number is also used to describe anti-squeak pads used on passenger car hoods but shown in a different length. I suspect the 3664766 is the part number for the material and they cut it to length. Hope this helps. Resurrecting 62 + year old trucks is more fun that should be allowed!


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."