I remember the days before anyone was making cheapo repop grills.

I used to carefully disassemble original grills and then send the outer bars to the chrome shop for triple plate show chrome.

While the outer bars were in the chrome shop I sent all the back bars & grille uprights to the powder coater.

The finished product was nicer than Chevy ever ran off the assembly line.

Finally quit restoring and selling original grills because it got increasingly difficult to find grills that were not twisted & bent up.

In addition, no one wanted to pay the price for all the time & labor involved, and all I heard was....

" That's too expensive... I can get a new chrome {LoL} grill for $395 ".

Still have that pile of pristine original grills that have no dents or rust at all but, I only keep them on hand for my projects.


.