Ditto! From where I am progressing - all of this is learning and doing for the first time. I didn't take any car, mechanics, or metalworking classes and as I plod my way through this hobby I am learning about tools and techniques the hard way - by rolling up my sleeves and just doing it without having anyone to call or come over to help and teach. My posting about driving out the pinion pin was deliberate so that some other first timer would learn from my effort. I didn't intend to have it become a critical commentary about a lack of skill and last resort to the Bfh. I know for me that I am making progress but for us neophytes we have to make the most of what we know or don't know and what is on hand.
One thing I can say is - I may lack for knowledge, skill, and years of experience but I don't lack for Initiative and willingness to try and learn - and make mistakes along the way. And I have a sense of humor about this whole mess...probably the best tool I have in my arsenaI. I can't take me or any of this too far without some serious humor.
Last edited by tom moore; 10/28/2016 1:25 PM.