Originally Posted by yar
A simple piece of threaded rod screwed into the crank snout would have pulled that balancer right on. Oh well, at least it was amusing to watch.

I want to hide and watch while you try that on a stovebolt six, or a Chevy V8 made before about 1965. I'll be the one that's amused while you search in vain for a threaded hole that's not there. Hammering was the factory-recommended way to install a balancer on those engines.

I've made a fair amount of pocket change renting or selling a drill and tap guide setup for threading the older crankshafts to forum members here.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!