Yeah that would be interesting. Sounds like a lot of work though.
I bought my truck with the bed made out of that greenish preserved wood. The previous owner did that because it was strictly a work truck and used to haul rocks. But this beat up the bed pretty badly, and the wood is kind of ugly. I have plans to redo my bed, but I'm not yet sure how I'm going to do that. I might just straighten out the walls the best I can with a hammer and dolly, and then use All-Metal filler on both sides and paint. That way, it's stock looking. And it'll get oak planking. Honey oak with a red truck looks nice.
Your idea could look very cool and custom, but keep in mind that polished aluminum will scratch easily too. So its looks can be compromised just as easily as wood if you ever use it for work.