The
ball valve on the right would be my choice due to the fact that the I.D. of the pipe fitting is larger than the pipe connection to the tank on the needle valve fitting. Both valves have 1/8 NPT threads, however, needle valve port is smaller. It may be the reason why they are easier to plug up. Just guessing.
Anyway, I was more concerned about the quality of one over the other in this application.
The other thing about this needle valve is I don't understand why you would go from NPT threads which guarantee you a leak proof seal and then on the other side of the valve you switch to a compression fitting. Doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
Another question I have is how seriously does gasoline effect the packing around the stems of each of these valves?
Maybe I'm being over anal about this. I just don't want to worry about leaking gas and the potential of a fire.