I've had a problem (3 times) where the crud in my tank would clog the fuel leaving the tank, and leave me on the side of the road. I've been wondering if using the later float/sending unit type and having it pumped out of the top of the tank would be a better option. The last time this clogging happened to me, my tank was half full. (The other two times it was almost empty, so it seemed reasonable). Also, the last time it happened, it took less than a minute to jump out, remove the input on the fuel pump and blow back through the filter and line till I heard the gas bubbling in the tank, then jump back in the truck, fire it up and go home. Still, it's a pain in the butt. I'm definitely going to remove the tank, clean and seal it, but that's not going to happen till I do a major tear down when I paint it next year (it's my daily driver). So, has anybody else converted to a top style sending unit/fuel line on their 3100?