Only point was looking for comments from some folks that had done this. From what I have read, the ones that have done it seem to have not had any issues after doing it.
You are correct in now that the horse is out, no need in shutting the gate. It's done.
But I'm confident in the quality of work I've done, and if it falls apart in the middle of the road, I'll let all of you know. Not so you can say I told you so, (although some might want to), but so the next guy knows what works and what doesn't work.
Dusty from New Zealand says 80K miles and no issues. Was he wrong in doing his? Is he the exception? Most probably not.
Not wanting to sound adversarial, cause most on here have way more knowledge and experience on this stuff than I do. That's why we're all on here, trying to get the best info. There are plenty on here that have done exactly what I have done, and it worked fine. I guess we'll see.
Oh, and thanks to everybody for their input.
Mike