I have done Toyota conversions but not on an AD truck. The Toyota box mounts in the stock location on the TF trucks that I have done. AD trucks with a V-8 conversion have issues with engine/exhaust/steering box clearance because of the narrow frame and the location of the stock steering box. A change in location would also affect other steering components.
If I was going to engage in this endeavor I would need to physically see a conversion that works and how it fits together. I believe a big block would present a number of issues with exhaust clearances, mounts, brake systems, cooling system, etc.
These can all be overcome but it takes planning and of course cash.

Last edited by rfs56trk; 07/01/2016 5:33 PM.

1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine