I will try to get the pics tomorrow, but it may not be until tomorrow night that I can get them posted. I did see a post on another forum when I did a search for the numbers on the side of the frame. A guy has two Chevy's and a GMC, and the first 7 digits on their GMC were the same as on mine.
I sprayed some degreaser on the entire top of the frame from the cab forward and wiped it off, then rubbed some sand paper over it and didn't find anything.
It's been through the Illinois and Indiana DMVs with no issues that I know of. It had been titled last in 1992, and then when I got it last month.
Thanks for all of your help so far.


'If you want to test out a truck, buy your own dang truck!' -CSM Fulk, Iraq