Quote
Originally posted by GMONIZ:
Ken with Sunchaser says that I should prep my dollies and hammers by shaping them with a grinder/sander. What is your opinion on this?
Know this is an old thread but the idea behind the dressing of the hammer and dollies is to polish or remove any defects on the surface.
Think of a hammer and dolly as a printing press. If you have a defect on the dolly you WILL imprint that defect onto the panel.

If your hammer and dollies have small little nicks or pits in them its wise to polish them out. I use a grinder with 180 grit paper to remove the nick. Then move up 400 grit.

I have a shrinking disc and LOVE it. I like Martinsr do late model collision repair. I use my disc pretty much all the time. If I cant metal finish it I can get by with a skim coat of poly glaze. I have decreased my repair time with the shrinking disc.

Mine is not the mentioned sunchaser disc. I bought mine from John Kelly. www.ghiaspecialties.coms


Currently working on custom metal and How to videos.

1949 and 1972 chevy trucks
70 chevelle SS455
Pictures of my work and projects
http://community.webshots.com/user/sevt_chevelle