| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TUTS 59, Jon G, Joe H, HandyAndy, greenie-reddy, Simso, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, 1 invisible),
123
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 | I just received, as a gift, a 1983 Suzuki GS750ES which was parked in a garage in 1988 with half a tank (2+ gallons) of gas in it. The bike is in as-new condition except for the sludge and rust in the tank. I poured it out. The gas had turned to about 1 gallon of thick gelatinous yellow shellac. I rinsed the tank with a garden hose. The entire surface inside the tank is covered with rust. I :confused: removed the petcock and sending unit and filled the tank with 1 part molasses to 8 parts water. I'd heard of this at work, and did a Google search for "molasses rust removal". I'm leaving it in there till Saturday morning. I'll post the results here.
"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
| | |
| |
| |