| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
12 members (Gdads51, greenie-reddy, Simso, Joe H, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, Peggy M, Oswald, Jon G, 1 invisible),
172
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 | Thinking of taking on a basket case '40 half ton project. (Like I need another project) I'd rather keep the solid axle rather than put in an IFS. I have found kits for adding a sway bar, tubular shocks and disc brakes with the after market vendors. I'd like to come up with leaf springs that would ride about an inch lower but have a good progressive rate that would stiffen up quickly when compressed. Also I'd like come up with a good steering box swap that would work well with the original axle, but with a quicker ratio, and maybe even intregal power steering. Anyone else been down this road?
Joe McNeel
http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
| | |
| |
| |