Originally Posted by red58
Brad, see the pics in this tech tip
the speed indication is magnetically driven by a spinning metal bell against a coiled spring, no rubber involved and it is "calibrated" by the driving gear in the trans and driven gear on the cable .... no old Bavarian tech in GM trucks grin

Bill

edit - I'll add that it sounds like your problem is the needle is "misplaced" on the pin, needs to be [carefully] moved up so it starts moving as soon as the vehicle starts moving

It's not really old tech, just a poor design. I had the same problem on my brand new 2004 RT.

How do you calibrate the speedometer unless there is an adjustment between the bell and the spring? Doesn't the odometer being correct indicate he has the correct gears?

BTW, Thanks I love learning new things and this site is great. smile