| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,605 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 | I have a 66 Suburban with the heavy duty rear spring package. I was told by a local who owned a Suburban, that it rides way too rough with the HD Springs. I picked up a set of standard springs from a 1/2 Ton pickup, with the intent of putting them in. It seems kind of strange to me that the HD springs have the center coils contacting. I have never driven the vehicle, so I have no idea of what the ride is like. Does anyone have any experience with the 2 types of springs, and which would work best? I do not plan to overload or tow with the vehicle. I have just one rear seat. The top picture is the HD spring, and the second picture is the standard spring. Thanks for the help. http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/rps2657/media/DSCN0903_zpsdiccuhvb.jpg.htmlhttp://s1375.photobucket.com/user/rps2657/media/DSCN0904_zpssi2znres.jpg.html | | |
| |
| |