| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, 3B, Jon G, Gdads51, NJC, 2 invisible),
104
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,369 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 | I haven't pulled the starter again to measure the pinion but I'm thinking what I assumed all along to be a 12v starter is actually a 6v. Since the conversion and engine swap was done by a PO it has been a reverse engineering process. I do know for sure I have a 168 tooth ring gear which means I need a 12v starter. The wear pattern I'm seeing on the ring gear definately is what I would expect if a larger 6v pinion was engaging it. It's grinding the front surface and teeth of the ring gear down and not in what I would call normal wear and tear from years of use. Does anybody have a NAPA part # for a 12v that they know for sure would work. I would like to keep the stomp start but will go to a solenoid starter if I have to. It's a 56'235. I live in a rural area and we have a NAPA store and would prefer to buy over the counter.
1949 Chevy 3600 1975 W-25 Hurst Olds 1970 GMC 1/2 ton Fleetside 2010 Chevy Silverado
| | |
| |
| |