Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Sorry I don't have a solution just a question. Wouldn't all that extra leverage have a tendency to twist the receiver at the mounting points? Maybe a whole lot of extra bracing. Someone will chime in with your solution.

They have great ratings, (their hitch is actually 2 receiver tubes stacked). With a 32" extension, and a weight distribution hitch, they are rated at 1200# tongue weight and 12,000 pound towing capacity. I altrady lengthened my trailer tongue 18", overall length of the trailer and tongue is almost 37', I don't want to add another 30" or so, that would also put a lot of extra torque on the trailer framea at the front conrners.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof