Thanks, Ed. I went and bought a Torklift Superhitch tonight. I will need to move the plates inboard on the crossbar on the hitch to fit my frame rails, and yes, I'll bolt it on. It is rated for 15,000 trailer weight so, I should be good, I think! I will end up using ont of Torklift's supertrusses as well, will just look around for a used one the right length, I see a number of them on CL, just need to gt the right length at the right price and away we go! I am probably a year or two out from needing it anyway so, I have time to look!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof