My Fire Engine has a 200 hp 322 V8 with a NP 5-speed (direct) and a 8.36/6.14 2-speed rear with 11.00 x 22.5 tires and I bump the 4000 rpm governer all the time and will run 62-63 mph at 35-3600. Oh, and it weighs 14,200 pounds without water in the tank.

The Tow Truck with a stock 8.72/6.40 2-speed rear with 10.00 x 22.5 tires, a SM-420 trans and a 200 hp 350 V8 2-barrel will run faster than the Fire Engine as it doesn't have a governer and it weighs 4,000 pounds less.

Maybe it's just the way I drive, I'm not afraid to get the rpm's up and keep them up as that's where my power is. I've been in lots of convoys with the ODSS Stovebolter's and they NEVER have to worry about leaving me behind!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD