I see what your saying, it fit my application because I didn't have a drive shaft or wheels yet, I ended up putting spacers on the front wheels so I got billet spacers that converted the bolt pattern to ford so all four wheels will have the same bolt pattern. The drive shaft still needs to be made up so I'll have the correct ends on it from the get go too. I do like the ford 8.8 rear over the 4x4 7.5" s10 rear because its a lot more stout; has bigger axles over the s10 rear, easy to find with disc brakes, and the junk yard is full of them so I was able to find one with the ratio I wanted with limited slip. I know there is the 8.5" 10 bolt chevy s10 rears out there that are suppose to be pretty strong, but I couldn't find one, I was starting to think they were a myth!