Originally Posted by Paulski
I used a rear end out of an explorer on my s10 frame swap, its about 59.5" wide, The spring perches are about .5" wider than the s10's, some people say it will sill fit on the leafs as is, but I elongated the center hole a little on both sides so it wouldnt be trying to spread the leaf springs side ways. You will need a u joint adaptor flange if your using the s10 drive shaft, also ford bolt pattern wheels.

Theres a lot of info on the swap if you google s10 8.8 rear end swap, some even re drill axel flange for chevy wheel.

I think that kind of defeats the purpose of the frame swap, IMO. All of a sudden you have mismatched bolt patterns, mismatched brakes, and you have to mess around to get a U-Joint in there.

If I wanted a wider rear diff, I would go with the 4WD S-10, it's 4" wider.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket