Originally Posted by LONGBOX55
True, positive scrub does make for easier steering in a parking lot. But negative scrub is more stable, particularly during braking. Getting as close to 0 scrub as you can is the ideal setup.

Ideal, sure. But for many years cars were made with positive scrub. I wouldn't be advising against it, unless in extreme situations. Unless you're running 12" wheels with 3" backspace on the front, your scrub won't change enough to make a noticable difference. My front wheels are 15x8" with a 3.5" backspace, so they're almost centered. Sure, there's lots of lip, but there's almost as much on the back.

I was actually reading that zero scrub is not the best setup, as then your tires don't really roll, as they're designed to. Look at all modern vehicles, I don't think any have zero scrub.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket