Update:
Ken, I picked up some of the frames today and they look great! The other's weren't up to his standards (they looked OK to me), so he's going to redo them.
On the color, for Chevrolet Suburban '53 (and probably some other years) ask your powder coating guy for RAL 8011. This isn't a brand, its a European color number system. (like Pantone) (Its a light milk chocolate color.)
My powder coat guy says that several manufacturers make this color and depending on where in the country you live, its safer to specify this color number than for you to have to track down a particular brand of powder.
And I don't know if any of you live close enough to give this guy any business, but he's been really great to deal with, he's a hot rodder himself and a real perfectionist and even 'tho the shop is geared to production runs, for car guys he'll do small jobs. Its a 45 minute drive for me, but its been well worth it.

RTS Production Powder Coating
15121 Sierra Bonita
Chino CA 91710
Don Reed
sales@teamrts.com
909-393-5404
909-393-5406

Tim, you are absolutely right about Jim Carter for the upholstery. Its $22/yd (about twice what commonly available vinyl upholstery goes for :rolleyes: ) and isn't in the catalog. The phone person had to go and ask. It isn't here yet, so I can't comment on how closely it matches the original, but I should know soon.

Meanwhile, can any of you guys sell me some seat hardware? I need four sets of the farmer's bolt/wingnut/pillowblock for my middle seat and three of those screwy Chevy headed bolts that hold the backrest to the frame. (They're up underneath the bottom edge and probably the same on pickups?) And does anyone have an easy source for the driver bit that fits those screws? (Craftsman maybe?)
Thanks,
-John


original '53 Suburban