I'm in the middle of fitting my 53 GMC 1/2 ton on to an s10 frame and need some reference measurements. Where I am at right now is mounting the bed and running boards, the way I have it laid out, the holes on the back of the running boards are about 3/4" lower then the ones on the rear fenders and the splash apron has about the same gap if I bolt the one tab to the rear fender. I can either raise the running board higher but it will be completely against the body and may not even be enough, in which case I can lower the mounts. Or I can lower the bed, I have around an inch until the middle rear bed sill bar hits the frame. I think I prefer to lower the bed to bring the fenders down, right now the center of the fender opening is a few inches higher than the top of the tire.
Can anyone measure the gap between the cab and the top of the running boards? Or did the running boards get tucked up against the cab? Also I need a reference on how high the bed is mounted, maybe the distance from the bottom of the back window to the top of the bed would be a good referance?

Thanks