Top compression ring and second intermediate ring for a 265 are
5/64" (.0781") as compared to the 261's top two rings, which are
3/32" (.0938").
Might have a bit of a problem spacing those two top rings from the
265 set to the .002" to .0035" ring groove clearance.
I think you'd end up throwing away more than two two sets of rings
from that 8-pack.
Think I'll stick with the Sealed Power 5412X rings made for the 261.

Now, back to the bearings. While I'm waiting for the ship to
come in with the new parts, just out of curiosity I think I
might fire up the wood stove, (it's 27°F out thar this morning)
and check the old mains as Ken mentioned. For sixty bucks
it's not worth using the old ones but it wouldn't hurt to
add those measurements to the autopsy simply to see how
much wear was actually on them. Wish I knew a little more
about the history of this engine. Some parts show very
little wear and others a lot.
Denny G

Last edited by Denny Graham; 11/08/2015 1:06 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL