Well Jerry there taint now way I'm looking to get .0002" oil
clearance on a 3,000 rpm stovebolt bearing. I'm aware of the
earlier shims and thought the later ones were beyond that but
the shop manual and all the Sealed Power listings I've found
mention shim packs. Brian linked me to Summit's catalog which
lists the 960M brgs and 1950CP rod brgs.
Since the 235 & 261 crank and brgs are the same I would think
they would be available from many sources. Think I'll try
another NAPA store next week and see if I can avoid the $15
shipping add on.
Rings look like they might be a problem and I may end up
contacting EGGE next week also. I need to order a 240 grit
silicon carbide Flex Hone from Brush next week also, my little
three legged KD toy stones ain't up to the task of cross
hatching the cylinders.
For the cost of new bearings Ken, I might as well start out
with a new set.
Just did a quick total weight on the rods and found more
fluctuation from the factory there than I did with the
pistons. Again, don't know what the factory tolerance
was but I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be 3.2 grams.
dg