Originally Posted by Denny Graham
Well Carl, I'm gonna have to eat my words for breakfast this
morning when it comes to a bent push rod.
Don't know where my head was, probably way back in time
somewhere in a SBC. The picture I had in my head was of a
tubular push rod and since it's been several years since I've
had the side cover off a Stovebolt, I'd completely forgotten
that the solid lifter push rods were a solid forged pushrod.
The one bent rod in my 261 has a slight wow in it. In fact
you don't really notice it when it's laying next to the other
ones and you have to roll it to to pick it out from the rest.
Can it be straightened, yep, I agree with you now. If you can
straighten a crank or cam then I'm sure you could get away
with straightening the pushrod, that is, as long as it's just
a wow and not actually a sharp bend. So, lets just see if we
can get 21,000 out of this one also.

dg
Good on you DG!
The only thing more honorable than one being right all of the time, is one's ability to admit when they are not.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission