Originally Posted by Fox
The trim I have is in very nice shape
Spend the money on all your mechanical, electrical, & hardware needs if you can live with what you've got.

The purist answer would be to re-chrome the original$ on your truck. If you have the money to do that, I don't know why you are asking for opinions. That'd be the way to go. I polished & re-painted my side emblems, because that $300 (reproduction/vendor cost) needed to be spent somewhere else. I will be buying a new hood emblem, but it is last on the priority list for me. If it had a function other than looks, it would be higher on the list.

A very reputable plating firm around here quoted me "about $700-$900" to re-chrome & re-paint my hood emblem and two fender emblems. Expense is a very subjective term; I have been told this price is a reasonable price, and I agree, but that is assuming you have the money to spend on it in the first place.

Brad

edit- I understand your question; maybe call some well-known plating shops- better yet, go to a shop with your parts. Get them to give you a ROM on re-chroming your parts so you understand why there is a reproduction market in the first place. I picked up a little Buick hood figurine from a re-chroming shop for my uncle a couple of years ago. It fit in the palm of my hand. Re-chroming that little thing cost eleven-hundred and fifty dollars ($1150.00)

Last edited by Uncle Brad; 10/14/2015 5:58 AM.

Wrench Fetcher, PhD