| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,352 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 13 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 13 | Hello all,
I have a 51 Chevy 3100 with a 235 in it. Last week I converted it to a HEI ignition from a 78 Nova. It runs great but I have a question about the mechanical advance.
We tested the points distributor in a Sun distributor tester, it had 30 degrees of advance. The HEI only has 20 degrees. From what I read this is correct. But do you just run the engine without the extra timing? Or do you advance the initial 10 degrees from the ball bearing in the flywheel?
Or do you just leave it with 20 degrees?
Some people say I suffer from insanity, in reality, I enjoy every minute of it!
| | |
| |
| |